Thursday, April 29, 2010

Something Unusual is Going on Here

What is it,  you ask?? I am actually finishing things. Anyone who's even a sometimes follower of this blog knows that I am really good at starting projects, but quite challenged when it comes to finishing them. Maybe I am turning over a new leaf! Maybe all I needed to do was to retire! lol!

I just this afternoon put on the outer border to my Americana Rose - a mitered border - and I am quite pleased with the results. Here, have a look for yourself!

If you go back a few posts, you will see that this is one of the 5 projects in progress that were cluttering my workspace. No more! Well, that's not exactly true...I do need to clear away remnants and such. A run through with the vacuum wouldn't hurt either!

This quilt was featured in the June 2009 issue of BH&G's American Patchwork and Quilting. I have a great variety of quilt magazines, but the only one I've ever actually made quilts from is APQ. This makes the 3rd, I believe.

So, what's next for me? Well, I cut those 2 bags out awhile back, so I guess I'd better get busy on those. Come to think of it, the pattern I am using is from a BH&G magazine! I will provide details when I post pics of my progress.

Coming up this weekend is my daughter Emma's junior prom - her first prom. She is so excited. I hope you will indulge me next week when I post a pic (or a few) of her and her date in all their finery. Such a big event in the life of a teenager.

5 comments:

Sharyn said...

It would be a sin not to finish this, brilliant border, great job.

Sheila said...

That's a beautiful quilt, and so dainty. Awesome job on the border.

I'm not a finisher either; maybe I need to retire. lol

wendysquilting said...

Congratulations on your completion it looks great!! I always have too many works in progress myself and then there are the quilt ideas that are always swirling around in my mind :)

imquilternity said...

Your quilt is gorgeous and the border is specatular1 Great job!

Rose Marie said...

Oh my ... your border is divine! Lovely top ....