Thursday, October 10, 2019

Moving Right Along...Slowly

I knew when I agreed to take on the third class at OUC that this fall would begin to feel very hectic. I have been feeling it for about a week, and as a result the long arm room activities have stalled.

The last pictures I shared were from very early in the month, and the long arm was in pieces spread across the floor waiting to be rebuilt. We have done that, and the stall now is the leveling of the table so that the machine stays where I leave it instead of strolling/rolling/listing off to the back or the side. We stopped in to a quilt shop in McArthur last week to pick the brain of a man who sells and operates Tin Lizzies, and he gave us some very good information which we have yet to try. I have every confidence that we will be up and going soon.

The McArthur Quilt Shop has been incredibly helpful in answering my questions about this machine. If I end up needing it, he will even make a house call to fix the problem.


My pictures here are showing a very bare room. I still need to iron and rehang the curtains along with reattaching the curtain hardware. All the outlet covers, vent cover, and switch covers have been reaffixed, although these pictures were taken prior to the fact. I have been giving some thought to what I will use to decorate the walls in this room. Since the long arm takes up so much of the space, there will be very little other furniture in the room, so wall art will be a must.

So besides my three composition classes, what all has been going on around here? Let's recap a few highlights.

Friday was my mother's birthday, and several available family members gathered at our favorite Mexican restaurant in Hillsboro for a fun dinner celebration.


Saturday was DH's birthday, but we both planned to be involved in History Day activities. To celebrate him, we spent Friday on a long Spyder ride to McArthur and Hocking Hills.( That was before going to Hillsboro for dinner.)


History Day was lots of fun and not too much work, as I was quilting, at least. I love talking to folks who stop by; I catch up with people I've not seen in awhile, and I get to hear many reminiscences of quilts and grandmas, and the like.

On Saturday evening friends invited us over for a bonfire/wiener roast.


Sunday saw us busy with sewing Harry Potter robes for my twin nieces - now nearly 12 years old. I will share pictures of that fun in an upcoming post. While the girls and I were busy in the sewing room, their dad (my brother Mark) and DH took a load of bedroom furniture to my sister's in Hillsboro. Finally, my front room is back to normal!

Then Tuesday night, I hosted my card club ladies. I love having them come here, and it had been awhile! They'd not seen our newly painted kitchen table and chairs, nor several other of the home improvements we have made here in the last 6 months or so.

With all this craziness, I am not getting much quilting done. However, I do have Frankfort girls
at Jan's on Friday morning, and Sharon P. is coming for a sewing day on Saturday. Yay! Hopefully, I will have all my essays graded and will be able to enjoy guilt-free quilting.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!