Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Hello October!

Another new month! Welcome, October!


 

September is done and gone - the months continue to just fly by. I try to make every day count - accomplish something worthwhile each day - I don't want to get to the end of my day and wonder what I did all day long. So let's take a look at the noteworthy accomplishments and activities of the last month.


My collage contains two quilts in the top row, both of which I quilted on my friend Terry's machine. What great practice this was for me! The OSU t-shirt quilt is a donation to my DH's college fraternity, and the blue/white quilt was a wedding gift to Will and Kristi (see center photo of collage). The other top-row picture is of our moving of the garden shed from one side of the backyard to the other with the help of our Mennonite neighbors, Daniel and Harlan.

The middle row of the collage features the one book I spent most of the month with. I had an audiobook of Circe checked out of the library and LOVED it so much that I renewed it and listened to it all the way through a second time. I have never listened to a book twice, so that tells you how enamored I am over it. I will refrain from saying any more until after our book club meets to discuss it. Then there's our newlyweds at the reception. What a fun day it was celebrating them. The last picture in the middle row is of a new quilt I started called Diagonal Madness using Kaffe Fassett fabrics.

The bottom row shows the pumpkin tablecloth I am making. I had hoped to have it complete by the end of September, but I still have a bit yet to do - stitching around each pumpkin and making a backing for it. The middle picture represents my homage to National Sew a Jelly Roll day. I made up a block using two partial jelly rolls of a French General fabric line called La Vie en Rouge. I have made good progress on it. The final pic shows my DH painting the room which will soon house my long arm machine. It has been in the basement - unused - for two years, so it was time for a change.

And about that goal of moving the longarm upstairs by the end of September??? Did I achieve my goal?

Yes, it is moved upstairs. By about 8pm yesterday, we finished lugging all the parts up two flights of stairs. Whew! Since I didn't specify that I wanted it assembled upstairs, I guess I can claim success on the goal. *ha!*

As I begin this new month, I have a house in total havoc. The moving of a bedroom suite out of one bedroom, and a longarm machine into that space has resulted in our having furniture and "stuff" everywhere.

This is what my front room looks like. A dresser, nightstand, headboard, footboard, rungs, mirror, and drawers are spread out all over the place, awaiting delivery to my sister's later this week.

The upstairs hallway is equally cluttered. The other bedroom suite dresser is piled up with miscellaneous items; there's a tall cupboard that will be returning to the bedroom; at the far end, an old sewing table will also be returned to the room. Currently, I have to sidle in to my sewing room through that narrow gap. Besides all of the stuff in these two pictures, in our bedroom we have the actual sewing parts of the longarm. *chaos!*

Hopefully, some normalcy will return to these parts, soon. Of course, I will share all here!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!