Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Christmas Prepping

 In an effort to finish off some works in progress (WIPs) that are cluttering up my sewing room, I picked up a small project that will take just a bit of time and focus to be complete. And the bonus?? It's a small Christmas quilt, so I will have a pretty piece to add to my holiday décor as a wall hanging or table topper.


I am fuzzy on all the particulars surrounding the creation of this little quilt, but what I do recall is that I had dug into my tub of Roman Holiday/3 Sisters fabric remnants and found that I had the makings of these HSTs. I pieced them until I ran out, then used other remnants for a pieced border.

Above is an old (and poorly lit) picture of the quilt parts on the design wall. This shows the pieced border and corner blocks. This old post tells me that this little quilt had its start way back in December of '17. I wouldn't have guessed it was that far back, honestly. Just goes to show that time has a way of getting away from us. Hmm...

I have tried to be diligent and do at least some stitching every day for most of the past week - just 15 or 20 minutes - and at this rate I feel confident that I can claim this as a finish in short order. With the 'big-stitch' technique and the simple Baptist fan design, the stitching goes pretty fast.


Making the stitching even more enjoyable is the new book I have queued up on Audible - The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek by Kim Michele Richardson. I have been hearing quite a bit about this book lately, and at just chapter 5 or 6, I am quite enthralled by the tale.

(from Google search)

Big doings in the long arm room tomorrow! We have an electrician coming to install a new ceiling light and fan! I will definitely bring updates on that as they become available!

Hope you are having a great week!
Happy Quilting, Friends!


1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!