Sunday, October 27, 2019

Costume-Making

Rarely have I spent so much of my sewing time working on Halloween costumes as I have this month. Typically, Halloween celebrating is pretty low on my to-do list. It's just never been a "thing" for me. Decorating the house, lawn ornaments, involved costumes - not my jam. Ever.

However we had an invitation to some friends' for a costume party on Friday night. These are fun people, and so are the other guests we know who would be there. I searched Pinterest for easy "couples" costumes. The easiest one I could find was Fred and Wilma Flintstone. Boom! Voila!

I needed something easy and fast because I didn't even begin looking for ideas until I had less than a week to work with. (Procrastinator!) The Flintstones were cavemen characters, so I knew I could cobble this whole look together with as limited real sewing as possible - I didn't have to hem anything. Raw edges everywhere. It didn't matter if it looked crappy - a cavewoman made it! Hah!

If I had been more timely in my planning, I would have figured out some wig options, since Wilma was a redhead. I found a couple online that would have worked, but time was too limited by the time I began shopping.

Now, you may recall earlier in the month, I was called on by my sweet little nieces to make Harry Potter robes for them to wear to their school Halloween party. These did require a bit more attention to detail, and I was so pleased with the results. The twins were, too. *smile*

Here are some pictures that my brother sent of the girls in their robes. I love how they loved them.





Great little Gryffindors and Ravenclaws don't you think? The girls have enjoyed reading the Harry Potter books, so this was a perfect option for them this Halloween. Yay for reading!

I hope you all have a fun Halloween week. Our celebrating is pretty much over, and that's okay with me. No trick-or-treaters will find their way to our door as we are too remote. I now look forward to Thanksgiving.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


1 comment:

  1. Super cute costumes of the Flintstones! You two look adorable in them. Creative! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!