Thursday, October 3, 2019

My Seasonal Table Cloth

My goal of finishing this pumpkin table cloth last month did not happen, therefore I have been determined to do it as early in this month as I could - I mean, it is the month for 'punkins!'


I first wrote about this project in a post from a few weeks back. It was started long, long before, though - like maybe 2 years prior. I had made some progress, but when I couldn't find my stash of Wonder Under, I just stopped, and stuck it all in a plastic tub. Typical.


All those months ago, I had pulled together a variety of oranges and I had a perfect brown for my base. I had even cut out 6 pumpkins.



But, like I said, I needed Wonder Under for the next step. I am sure I let the holiday get away from me, and so rather than get the necessary product, I tucked it away for another day. (That day came two years later, sadly. I am so good at procrastinating; you knew that, right???)


Since I'd made this a goal, I did finally buy the Wonder Under, and I got busy on finishing the table cloth. Tracing already-cut-out shapes was not exactly fun, but doable. Then I applied them to the cloth which  had already cut into a 43" circle.


Next, I had to zigzag stitch the pumpkins onto the cloth, which took me a few days to get to because I had to switch out sewing machines - my Featherweight was up, and it doesn't do zigzag. Finally, today, I "got 'er done."



The lining is not exactly orange, but it was the best I could do as orange isn't typically something I buy in large quantities. This peach/coral by Joanna Figuroa/Moda is close enough. It is a nice feminine feel compared to the festive Halloween look of the front.

Decorating for Halloween has never been a big deal for me, so this is about as festive as I will get.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!