Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Esty Shopping

I tell myself all the time to quit buying fabric, books and supplies - I have enough!! -  yet I still see such pretty new stuff and it is so very hard to resist.

Another thing that is hard to resist is a sale.

Well, I succumbed to an Etsy sale over the July 4th holiday from a shop run by Lynn Wilder of Sewn'WildOaks blog.


Years ago - and I do mean years! - I watched a quilting show on HGTV hosted by Alex Anderson. Lynn was a guest in at least one episode, probably more. I remember watching her talk about her book Patchwork Math. At last, I have my own copy.

Lynn produces so many finely detailed quilts, and she always has perfect points and crisp lines; I figure I can learn a few things from her. This old dog is going to study and learn some new tricks, I hope!

In addition, I picked out two patterns that I have long admired. Lynn is so talented with her designs and her fabric choices and colorways are strikingly beautiful. I now have two quilts to add to my goals list: Lil' Orphan Scrappy and Country Charmer.

Now, I don't buy a lot of stuff on Etsy, and the few things I have ordered have all been of good quality, with fast service and top-notch customer service.

I believe Lynn takes all that to an entirely new level. If you study that picture above, you will notice that a lot of extra "stuff" came along with my patterns. Bonus Goodies!!

In addition to my order - 1 book and 2 patterns - I got 2 greeting cards with the patterns of my two pattern orders on the front AND a sheet of address labels with a variety of quilty pictures on each label. Sweet!

So, thank you, Lynn, for the fast service and the bonus goodies. You were a gem way back when you were a guest on television and continue to be a gem yet today. I love doing business with folks who love what they do and exude that enjoyment to their customers.

You should definitely check out Lynn's blog, and I recommend doing some shopping on her Etsy site. I believe the sale is over, but you can always load up a shopping cart, right?

Happy Quilting, Friends!


4 comments:

  1. There's nothing like a little quilt shopping spree... Sweet hubby often tells me "haven't you got enough ?", and my answer is simple: "do you ask a stamps collector to stop buying stamps ? Well I'm a fabrics collector, YET my collection won't sleep into albums, they're just the basis to beautiful quilts " HaHa... (to tell you the truth, I've got enough for a few lifetimes, I just hope this one, at least, will be long enough :)
    ENJOY !
    In stitches,
    xoxo Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your public service announcement Jayne! I smiled when I saw your name on my Etsy order dashboard. Your post today also made me smile.
    Take care and stay well,
    Lynn from Sew'n Wild Oaks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PSA - ha!! My pleasure!! I miscounted on the freebies - there were 3 notecards, not just 2 as I wrote in the post. One was tucked in with the book. So sweet. I have used one already as a note to my cousin - a quilter - who just had surgery. Thanks, Lynn! ❤️

      Delete
  3. I have almost all of Lynn’s patterns. I have been so very impressed with her designs. Her book is great, so you made a wise purchase! You won’t regret purchasing any of her patterns. I could not wait to purchase her new Christmas pattern, and was lucky to find the fabrics she used in it!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!