Saturday, July 11, 2020

Periwinkle Update

This is supposed to be a quilting blog, yet I have done very little posting lately, and just about everything besides quilting for the last few weeks. No more. I have some actual stitching to share. *grin*






Currently residing on my design wall are 21 periwinkle blocks that have been hand stitched. This was my on-the-road project during our trip, and I have continued working on them since being home as my machines have been out for a bit of pampering and servicing.



When traveling nearly 6000 miles across the country, small and simple work best. This little project box was the perfect size for sliding in and out of my travel tote, as it contains all the necessary items for simple hand piecing. I also kept extra stuff contained for easy access, when needed. Take a look.


Besides my thread, block parts, and pincushion, I see earbuds, a packet of lemonade mix, embroidery floss (for a 2nd project that I never once worked on), lip balm, and a pencil. This fit comfortably on my lap or at my feet and when we stopped, I could quickly fasten the top on and move about without losing track of all the things.

Like I said, I have continued to work on these blocks here at home. It has been so daggone hot! Weather dude said last evening that we'd had 11 days above 90 degrees. And high humidity to go with it. Ewww! I have queued up an audiobook and stitched away on these hot afternoons and evenings. To see previous posts regarding this periwinkle project, click here and here.

I have my sewing machines back from the spa - yay! - and there are several other developments ongoing, so I hope to be back to quilting posts from here on out. At least for awhile.

Happy Quilting, Friends!



2 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE your project, and I really LOVE handpiecing :)
    Your way of piecing the periwinkle stars is so clever. I've got the templates, but the stars are joined to a big octagon, and so lots of Y seams :( So, using triangles like you do would be much easier for me. THANKS for the inspiration, Jayne !
    By the way, your fabrics are gorgeous, esppecially the background one.
    Enjoy your piecing, this is gonna be a lovely quilt, no matter how long it takes, the pleasure is in the journey...
    In stitches,
    xoxo
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nadine, your comment is so full of energy! I appreciate your taking the time to share with me. I wish I had an idea of what the fabrics are in this little quilt; I only bought fat quarters, and I don't think there was anything to identify them. And if there were, it's been cut off and thrown out.

      Delete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!