Saturday, August 15, 2020

Another Larkspur Quilt

 I don't suppose y'all are getting tired of seeing quilt tops made with Larkspur fabric? I finished up my second one on Thursday while Sharon was here for sewing.

Both Sharon and I had rather hefty collections of Larkspur by 3Sisters/Moda. We determined back in May to make quilts using this luscious fabric. We did that and we both still had a significant amount of remaining fabric, so each of us has now made a second quilt top.

Click back here to see my first quilt, Larkspur Stars, as well as Sharon's two quilts, Larkspur Lane and Lark Meadow. And now I have finished my second one - Yay!!

My latest is just plain Larkspur 9-Patch - not very original, but I know what I am talking about when I refer to it, at least.

My Larkspur Stars required random 3.5-inch squares and 3.5-inch HSTs. Consequently, I had a hefty little stack of each left over. Rather than to let them go to waste, I used the squares with a piece of neutral and made  9-inch 9-patch blocks. I had two light fabrics that I cut for setting blocks. I also had a good amount of coral that I used for setting triangles and corner triangles - I like how the coral serves to border the quilt. 

Believe it or not, I still have Larkspur fabric remaining. I have used the HSTs to make a sweet little quilt that will serve nicely as a table topper. I quilted this little quilt Thursday evening and stitched the binding down Friday morning when the Frankfort Girls met.

This is Sharon O's (a different Sharon!) dining room table. She brought out some of her pretty pottery to accent my little quilt. Below see it at my house on the mantel.

It sure has been fun to sew with this beautiful fabric. I still have some, and a couple of pieces are rather large for having made 2 quilt tops and a table topper. I am not sure what I will do with this remaining bit. 

This next week is the last week of summer for me as I go back to class on the 24th. I feel like I have so much to get done before then. I sure hope there will be some sewing.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

 




4 comments:

  1. Simple 9 patches are always beautiful in a quilt. You have another lovely quilt top. Hope the transition back to school goes smoothly. Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty quilt! Nice colorways in this line of fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was well worth challenging each other to put those pretty fabrics to use - a lovely collection of quilts has emerged! The vintage style and the name put me in mind of a BBC TV series call Larkrise to Candleford. A very gentle watch based in rural England at the start of the last century. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy! And good for you for making the most of that luscious fabric collection! I have a good amount of Larkspur left over as well, and you have made me think I should do something with it.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!