Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Red and White Sampler Flimsy

When Sharon was here for sewing last Thursday - it was her birthday! - the red and white sampler got her borders attached, and now another flimsy awaits quilting.


It's not a big quilt, but since when does that matter?! It will be a lovely addition to the Christmas quilts and will be perfect as a couch quilt for snuggling under come winter time.

I have described this whole Frankfort Girls sew-along sampler in earlier posts; check here and here for particulars.

And now let's have a few more glimpses of this quilt. I began the project with 3 yards of white with red dots for the background and 2 yards of red swirls for the feature. I am down to about 8 inches of red fabric remaining; it's a good thing we didn't plan on adding more blocks.



I have never taken a picture of this quilt that satisfies me as far as color is concerned. This picture above comes about the closest to accurately depicting the background. In nearly every picture, I think there is too much yellow in the background.


And, now about that birthday. I never thought once to take any pictures of our little celebration. A regular feature of our Thursday sewing is a nut/fruit/cheese plate with a glass of red wine (Chianti, preferred). For the special day, I added a little carrot cake (Sharon's favorite) with a candle. DH came upstairs with me and we sang happy birthday. There were a couple of little gifts and that was it.

But NO PICTURES! Agghh.

Well, trust me, we had a great day, productive for both of us, for sure.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Your Sampler turned out to be quite lovely! So glad you had enough fabric to finish as they look wonderful together. If you "Frankfort Girls" ever have an opening for a virtual member from West Virginia, please let me know! You guys have so much fun. lol....blessings from...you know where....West Virginia!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!