Saturday, August 1, 2020

Welcome August!


Gee whiz, is it August already? Isn't it a rather harsh realization that months fly by as fast as they do? When I began July, we were in Montana preparing to leave my cousin's beautiful mountain cabin and turn our sights on heading home. And BOOM! Just like that, the month is gone.


My collage for July reminds me that time with family and friends has been happening all too infrequently in these coronavirus times. Only two pictures show people: one was the 2nd annual Honnold Fest held here at our house for DH's side of the family. With only 15 in attendance, social distancing was easy enough to maintain (if we wanted to; there was hugging!) The other people picture shows two of the Frankfort Girls who were my guests yesterday morning for coffee and stitching at the kitchen table. Terry and Sheryll are enjoying a good laugh about something in that last frame.

The quilt pictures in my collage represent the work I accomplished in July. The Periwinkle blocks were hand stitched while in the car on our western vacation. The pile of blocks shown in the top right corner are all my BH3 blocks, which I am happy to have restarted. The red and white sampler got its borders attached a couple of days ago, and will be the subject of a post later this week. The Summer Breeze quilt was a product of some stash fabric I'd had here for a few years, and a yearning to have a quilt that brings to mind the blue skies and leafy trees surrounding us. The inspiration picture is in the middle on the right.

Center spot is taken by a vase of hydrangeas I harvested from our bushes in the yard. I try every year to dry them without success, but I will try again this year to see how it goes.

So, what is the plan for August?

1. Continue working on Blockheads.
2. Get cracking on the long arm!
3. Begin planning for fall semester; I found out yesterday afternoon that instead of being face-to-face, I will be distance teaching - the consternation about my preparedness is already churning.
4. We will have a major kitchen remodel beginning at the end of the month; with school beginning and the remodel going on, sewing might be very much on the back burner.

Hope you have an awesome August! Let's make it great!
Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. I've never dried hydrangeas but I know people dry flowers by tying the stems together then hung them upside down. You've sewn some beautiful quilts in July. Are you going to quilt them in August? Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!