Sunday, September 12, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching

Ahhh, girls' vacation is over and I have spent this gorgeous Ohio day relaxing, doing laundry, and slow stitching. 

I took a little bag of sewing with me, and didn't even touch it until the drive home yesterday. It helped immensely to make a long drive palatable. 

I had five fat quarters with which to make a bunch of EPP parts. I was interested in mixing and matching these five fabrics in all manner of ways.

I had all my necessary supplies stuffed into the little bag, as well. The one thing I forgot to include was a thimble, and after a bit of stitching, I sure did miss one.

A few parts cut and glued and ready for stitching. I like that blue, so I cut lots of parts using it.


I made these three in the car; I stopped because of that need for a thimble at this point. I am sure I would have made a few more if my needle finger didn't hurt so bad.

This one is laid out and ready to stitch, which I did just a bit earlier today. 

What will I do with these, you ask?? Well, somewhere around here I have several of these already made, so I will combine all of them, and then decide. I don't feel too pressured to make design decisions just yet. Plenty of little flowers to be made before that.

I'm joining the Slow Stitching party over at Kathy's Quilts; she has some pretty stitching examples going on over there!

Happy Quilting, Friends!








2 comments:

  1. Some lovely fabrics there. Pretty EPP flowers, too. A little hand stitching always makes a long car journey go quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your EPP flowers are very cute! I couldn't have even made those 3 flowers without a thimble. Have a lovely week filled with lots of happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!