Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Helen's Pink Quilt

About the same time Hettie asked me to quilt her new grandson's baby quilt, Helen asked me to quilt a small quilt, too. I'd had such good success with quilting some of my own quilts, I had no qualms at all at quilting for these two friends.

Well, my machine gave me all manner of fits while doing Hettie's baby quilt. In the link above, I shared some of my frustrations and how I totally fixed the problems all by myself! It gave me hope that I would have complete success with Helen's quilt.

And I got along great. It quilted up like a breeze! Gives me a little confidence boost, for sure! 

I believe Helen had purchased a quilt kit for this pink beauty. It wasn't too large - maybe a nice lap size. I used two bobbins, if that can be any sort of reference.

The center element is a heart-shaped design. Looking at it from the other end helps to see it better.


To get a real good look at the entire quilt, I like to spread it out on the bed. I left all the trimming to Helen. There would be a good bit of backing fabric available for binding, if Helen intends to go that route.

I am still reluctant to take on quilting for others, but for close friends who understand I am still very much a rookie. I suppose I am willing to take that leap of faith that they will be gentle and kind with me. I need so much more practice, and believe me, I HAVE the quilt tops ready to go for plenty of practice!

I actually spent yesterday making the backings for THREE quilts, and they will be going 1-2-3 onto the longarm this week.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!