Monday, March 18, 2024

Belated Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

I declare on the old blarney stone that I sure need to get my act together! I had every sort of orderly plan for doing a cheery "top 'o the morning" Irish greeting yesterday, and then completely dropped the ball. No good excuse, either. Just never got around to it!


It was a rather subdued day and I had no need to wear the green because we didn't see anyone until late in the day. We Face-Timed with our daughter and granddaughter. Called my mom. DH painted the bathroom while I painted a bedroom door. Rode the bikes. Took a walk. Had game night over at the cousins' house. Best of all - I made a whole bunch more 4-patch blocks out of 2.5-inch strips from the scrap tub. One of those new blocks is shown above with my one and only St. Patty's Day trinket.

 
Speaking of green, Florida is really greening up here in our area. We went out on the boat Saturday and noticed quite a difference from the gray we saw back in January. Plus the water lilies are taking over! In another week, they will be a loaded with blooms. Below is a picture from January.


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh27EonGQjFUTHK4tSeZ6cbrs6rejOHbxJpuY8WwW9gTo0qDbACzpOAMB764sC1g642e-da2yKKa7ia_E7pgTW8DnvJa78Cwfc27kBDdgOjPHM_cI4nlkkrLbkR3kOpQhOt6JPvpEZy0NPDSN4FZo2Cg_l_-ZFTLDk6s26LDFKBy1t0NaHG744NE8fKBg/s640/IMG_8302(1).jpg

So, only 2 more weeks here, then we head for Ohio. As I continue making 4-patches, we are making plans for what stays here and what goes home, when we'll go, important tasks to tackle once there, etc. Most important of all: getting to that darling granddaughter! We have missed her so very much.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!