Friday, March 8, 2024

February Wrap-Up

I've missed a lot of posting this past week because I was having trouble loading pictures here on the blog. I don't know who is doing something different, but I have done things the exact same way for ages, yet the photos just would not load. I ended up doing an "end-around" by iPhone to load pictures to a draft, then coming to the laptop to write and organize the pictures. Whew, so much bother.

I'd not yet posted my February collage, so even though I am more than a week into March, I will go ahead and share, just to have the record and to remind myself of all the Florida fun.

TOP ROW: We actually had hail one afternoon in early February, so to be sure such a rare event was recorded, we snapped a picture of hailstones in DH's hand. The next two photos are from our fun outing to a remote area along the gulf. We went to Ozello, a small fishing town, and found a quaint little restaurant, Peck's, for a mid-afternoon cocktail and appetizer. It was a perfect Florida day.

MIDDLE ROW: For sewing updates, we need only look to my efforts in scrap control. I brought all my 1.5- inch squares and strips for some focused efforts at making 4-patch blocks and 9-patch blocks. I did that until I had no more! (Well, nearly no more; I admit to leaving a few odd bits unused.) Because I found an Instagram sew-along called #tinyninepatchchallenge hosted by Taryn @reproquiltlover, I made as many 9-patches as I could (402!) and tried a super-small 9-patch made with 1-inch squares. Only one, thank you very much. *wink*

BOTTOM ROW: The lake by Moonrise Resort is called Tsala Apopka; DH and I went out with cousin Dave for an early morning fishing excursion. Oh, what a beautiful lake! So peaceful, and so pretty! No fish were caught, but I sure do love the gentle rocking of a pontoon on the lake! More sewing - making slipcovers for 2 "cubes" that slide nicely under our kitchen bar, and a cushion re-covering for my cousin Sandy; this matches her kitchen valances and table runner.


With a new month, I have turned my attention to the tub of 2.5-inch squares and strips. I piled a few of the 9-patches alongside some of the new blocks, and the size difference seems massive. I feel like I am working with giant-sized squares after 2 months of those little 1.5-inch pieces. It is a refreshing change, that's for sure.

So far, all I've done with the 2.5-inch squares is to make 4-patches. At some point, I might switch over to 9-patches, but I am content to continue these for awhile longer. Since I don't really know what will be next for these blocks, I can just keep producing them in the hopes that some amazing quilt will present itself. I get ideas eventually. Just trust the process, right?

Wish me luck at future posting. I swear these photo-loading issues are about enough to cause me to just quit blogging altogether. I hope whatever needs to be done becomes clear to me at some point.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!