Friday, March 1, 2024

Hello March!

And just like that we turn the page on the calendar to March. Whoosh! The first two months have just flown by. 


The first of March is a sharp indicator that our excursion this winter into being snowbirds is 2/3 over. We considered ourselves lucky to have gotten an extra day yesterday with the leap year day. These next 31 days will be just as jam-packed as the previous 2 months, and I am trying to enjoy all of it.

I made a promise to always say "yes" when someone wanted to go do something. I am such a sendentary person by nature, and I didn't want to just sit around while here. I wanted to enjoy all the activities that Florida had to offer. So when my cousin Dave asked if I wanted to go fishing Wednesday morning, I (reluctantly) said I'd go. At 7am!! Gracious. That's early!

Being on the lake that early, though, had magnificent benefits. The water was so calm, the skies so blue, and the morning songbirds so melodic. It was heavenly! I didn't go for the fishing; no, I went for the atmosphere! And I sure got it!

 

Here is my cousin Dave checking his lines. DH was along, too, and he manned the lines off the back of the boat. 

 

Did I say I wanted atmosphere? Yes, there was more. As we entered a remote cove, a decrepit pier had become the roosting spot for these fowl. Close up below.

 Another activity that I try to always agree to is biking. We have a pair of recumbent bikes and a great trail very near us. The effort is minimal when it comes to riding. I have been rewarded with so many peaceful stretches of trail, the most pristine blue skies, wildlife and ... exercise! Whoa! Here's a screenshot of the longest ride yet.

A 10-mile ride pretty much resulted in jelly legs for me. I was wiped out. We don't go fast, and we have few inclines (Florida is pretty flat), and we have several crossroads at which we must stop. It's pretty easy, actually, but 10 whole miles - nearly 11! That was a lot for my untrained leg muscles.

We are off for a shrimp lunch here in a little bit. Our habit of frequently eating out at restaurants has been tempered significantly since we have our house, so this is a treat today. DH and I will share an order  - 1 lb. of grilled shrimp. YUM! We have eaten at this restaurant in previous years - delish!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgmXq7WJciwqE41kZVsdxZ_5AV3Gsy__sA9i4UUHg1eALuk2KMeVka-NZTWotc_eYbUPOtoltD6KVR5z_BzTsXnlGjUGqhPZbH5lfB8Xj3qa0x27euxS9Z-0xFKjmBPIGJMiL1NyAQAqkQWsuYfbCaPdVU0BLpC-BgOsJvGSytqxIwWE2A5ezjODIhGdQ/s731/Signature.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Ummmmm, shrimp sounds delicious! Get a few more bike rides in, I doubt April in Ohio will be very conductive to much outside activity, it certainly isn't in Indiana.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!