Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Helping a Reader

I personally know a number of people who are regular readers of this blog, but by and large my readers are unknown to me. However, we do occasionally “connect.”

Charlene is one such reader, and she’s in a bit of a quandary - undoubtedly one that many of us have shared in at least once in our quilting lives. 

Approximately a week ago - perhaps two - she reached out to ask if by chance I had any of the fabrics pictured here.  


Am I right? I'm sure many of you relate. Haven’t all of at least once run out of fabric long out of circulation? It’s one of the drawbacks of “saving” fabric or building a stash. One just has to hope that she bought enough!

The quilt Charlene is making is called Safe Haven, and she bought it years ago to work on when she retired. Now retired, she has discovered that she doesn't have enough to finish it - mostly fabric for borders and binding.

I did a search online for Safe Haven quilts and found two. One is newer by Sherri and Chelsi and one is older by Thimbleberries. Bingo! I believe we have a Thimbleberries quilt in the works here! And, yes, as I study the fabrics in the picture, these definitely have that familiar Thimbleberries "look."

If any of you readers might have these Thimbleberries fabrics in your stashes and would be willing to sell/trade/give some to Charlene, I can play the middleman and set you up with an email. Just comment below to let me know!

Hey Charlene! Hope we get some results! Thanks so much for your readership!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!