Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Friday, May 25, 2012

DH Retires!

Today I sent DH off for his last day of school. Yep. He's retiring after 35 years. Let the celebrating ensue!!

A tradition for the teachers at his school is a year-end golf outing, so he will be late coming home this evening, but no biggie - we have all summer and beyond to begin our retired life together.

He is a special ed teacher, so he didn't have the file drawers full of stuff that yours truly, an English teacher, had. He's not been bringing much home. But I just had to show you a couple of things he DID bring home.

Now I know why we could never find any umbrellas around the house or in the cars. These FOUR were in his room!


He also brought this very flat, very faded pillow. I don't even remember it, let alone remember making it. He must have had it for an extremely long time. I think he used it for a seat cushion for awhile, then he got a padded desk chair and it's just been haning out in his room ever since. The 3 buttons on the other end are all missing, so I think I will replace those and use it! A well-worn pillow works for us!

Happy Retirement, Sweetheart! Hope we don't drive each other crazy!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

QuiltSue said...

Happy retirement to your DH. I hope there aren't too many days in your future when you will need the umbrellas.