Sunday, September 10, 2017

Progress on Lake Effect

I've been in a blogging funk lately, readers, and that accounts for the lack of posting from this quilter's realm. It could be because I have not really done much of significance lately, or that I am just having a mood. Or a combination of both, perhaps.

I have forced myself to at least work on gluing hexies while I watch sports on television. We are in that happy place in which baseball is getting exciting - especially if your team is still winning - and the beginning of football. This makes for lots of options for fans in our house.

An easy project to work on while watching games is prepping the hexagons for Lake Effect, a Minick and Simpson pattern I recently bought with the idea that it will be a 10-year effort. Bit by bit, I will get it done, I hope.


All of these hexies are glue-basted. A recent rough count puts me in the neighborhood of 450. I figure that's about halfway.



One evening of moderate effort can result in about 50 prepped hexies, so it will get done if I continue this type of effort.

Yesterday, I read through the directions in the pattern; how nice that it can easily be broken down into manageable sections when the time comes for stitching. It can be portable, too, which means I can work on it when meeting with the Frankfort Girls, or when we are off on a random road trip.

In other news from my quiet world, DH and I got up early for a walk this morning. Such cool, crisp weather we are having! Quite pleasant for walking, if not just a bit on the nippy side. I keep in mind to be grateful for this quiet, peaceful world as so many are in the path of Hurricane Irma.


One would never imagine by looking at this idyllic picture of southern Ohio that not so very far south, folks are facing an entirely different reality today.

I will link up with Kathy's Quilts for her Slow Sunday Stitching linky party. Hope you'll go have a look around! In the meantime, I will look around to see if I can locate my quilting and blogging mojo - it's gotta' be around her somewhere!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



3 comments:

  1. I like having an portable project...some many time I have time where a few minutes of sewing is just perfect, even when I am not at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you just need a break from it all? Take your time and let life take it's path. We will still be here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's fine to take a break from sewing, actually you're still working, basting hexies is progress. It took me 8 years to EPP my Grandmother's Flower Garden and that was fine. Everyone thinks we have to work in such a rush now days. It's fine to take time to relax. Enjoy the ball games!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!