Friday, January 26, 2018

Year of Colour

I spelled that word "colour" because the company which created this nifty tool is English. I began seeing some really cool color groupings last weekend on Instagram, so I investigated and found Makelight, "a learning community for makers and doers." After jumping through a few hoops (mostly because I am a bit technology-challenged), I managed to get my year of colour

I am somewhat surprised by this composite of the colors I have used on Instagram - more by what I don't see rather than by what I do see. I expected more blue and green to be present, as I think I post frequent outdoor nature pics along with plenty of blue quilts. Apparently not enough to outshine those reds and pinks and browns, huh?

The Year of Colour tool allowed you to play around with the colors by giving you options to select one color as a focus. Here's what I came up with.


I think this looks quite pretty. I like seeing all the pastels around the edge. I am somewhat surprised that I had that many pastels in my colors, to be honest.

I don't know how to interpret my color results. I think I will try to be more deliberate about using blue and green, and using less brown. Then in another year, I will do this again and compare my 2018 colors to this group from 2017.

I am off today to sew at Terry's. It has been a busy week, so I am just going to sit with Lake Effect hexies in my lap. Stitching a few of those will be calming.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!