Wednesday, January 3, 2018

January - The Blue Month

My long-time friend and excellent quilting buddy Sharon P. and I know very well that when we are accountable to each other, we tend to accomplish more sewing. We began last year working together on Elizabeth - which we both finished to the flimsy stage - and 2018 finds us with the goal of making at least one blue and white quilt. Sharon may end up making two!

Sharon couldn't decide on her blues for the one we are both making together, so she came instead with a different blue and white plan. Her day was very successful, as she accomplished quite a bit.



I didn't take any pictures before she was already to this stage, but she cut all her strips and did the fast method of making a 7x7 block. 


And  her first completed block looks pretty darn spectacular, I'm sure you agree. Impressive!


And just in case anyone wondered where she got her inspiration for this Triple Irish Chain quilt?? The cover of this Minick and Simpson book called Blue and White. It is definitely going to be a showstopper.

I will bring you some pics of what I accomplished in tomorrow's post. Not much time now before I must return a kitty to his parents this afternoon. While in Columbus, I will be taking in a movie with DD Erin. We are going to see Loving Vincent.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Blue and white quilts are the best! This is going to be such a beautiful quilt. Are you making one like this too?

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!