Wednesday, January 10, 2018

First Flimsy Finish for 2018

In the hustle and bustle of Christmas sewing and activities, I ignored a very pretty WIP on my design wall. After finishing the last UFO of the year, I felt a strong desire to just play for awhile, so I pulled out the tub of Roman Holiday remnants and made the center portion of a mini-quilt using HSTs. Fun! 


Then I put it on the design wall, played around a bit with potential borders, but really just left it alone for about 3 weeks. My focus turned to other projects and necessary things - Christmas prepping!!


I came to my senses yesterday, pieced those reds together and attached the border. Easy as can be and OH. I. LOVE. IT!! Won't this be a pretty table topper for decorating next Christmas??


My tub of RH remnants should look emptier, but I still have quite a bit to work with. Can't wait to see what I come up with next!

I will link up today with Silly Mama Quilts for her WIP linky party.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

5 comments:

  1. oh I love it!!
    I have a special place in my heart for Roman Holiday...such a great fabric line!!

    thanks so much for linking up!

    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. Now you are ready for next Christmas but if you are like me, you will have to really think awhile where you stored it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I must think on using up some scraps in this manner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very nice. Especially like the pieced borders.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!