Saturday, November 17, 2018

Into Each Life...

. . . some sadness must fall. And that has most certainly been the case for our family this past week.

On Sunday, November 11, my dear father-in-law passed away at age 89. His passing is a great sadness for us - especially my husband, the oldest of the four surviving children. We have spent the week in Coshocton with the family and many friends celebrating his life. What a hard week; what a tremendous life. It has all been so very overwhelming and exhausting and heartbreaking. Whew. The veteran (Korea) passed on Veterans' Day. Ironic.

I can report only one little bit of quilting-related news. On Wednesday morning, DH and I took a walk to Coshocton's LQS (local quilt shop) Mercantile On Main. It is located only a few blocks away from the hotel in which we stayed, and while the morning was unusually chilly, the walk was invigorating.


The stunning quilt above looks even more spectacular in person. I wish I had been concentrating more, but I forget the name of the quilt and the fabric the shop owner told me she used. It was a fabric I never would have selected, but this display! What an awesome quilt! I believe she told me that they have it in kits, however I did not see it on the website. Maybe it has yet to be added.

Here's what I bought. At our Veterans Day sewing with the Frienzies, Kay gave me a (Henry Glass?) Christmas panel. (I have not shared all the fun we had on Veterans Day - hopefully, I can do that soon, but don't hold me to it!)  These fabrics will all be used to make the panels into a lap-quilt or wall hanging. I will get a good picture of the panel when I get started cutting and stitching. (That's a promise you CAN hold me to!)


Perhaps things will return to normal around here soon. Losing loved one - a parent - jolt's one very being. I truly adored my father-in-law; he was always kind and supportive - from the very first time I met him. We will soldier on and honor his memory always.

Thanks for letting me ramble. I'll try to get back on track one of these days!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. My condolences on the death of your FIL. I'm sure your family will be telling plenty of happy stories about him this week. Blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayne, the quilt above is designed by Nancy Rink, A New Age and was kitted in a few different colorways using Marcus Muslins.bi have the pattern and hhop to make some day.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!