Sunday, November 4, 2018

Hand Stitching and Football

Over the weekend, DH and I along with my mother attended the annual family reunion weekend in Columbus to celebrate the OSU Buckeyes. Knowing that I'd be parked in front of football games all day Saturday, I took a little bag of sewing goodies to work on.


This year's football weekend involved 33 folks, ages 9-90. Most were family with a couple of family friends along, as well. Sixteen of our group actually attended the Nebraska game at Ohio Stadium, while the rest of us watched from a conference room at the hotel.

I had quite a few leftover half-square triangles from a blue/white quilt I made back in January/February. In a hasty check for some mindless, easy sewing, I grabbed them.

So I stitched. Now that I've made them into blocks, they will wait for me to get a good idea for how to use them.


Three blocks are finished, and I have strips made for one more. Buried in the HSTs I found some plain squares which I turned into a 9-patch. I can make a few more, too.


I considered taking my Lake Effect hexies, but the thought of explaining EPP to anyone who asked put me off that notion. *smiles*

I am linking up with Kathy's Quilts Slow Sunday Stitching party.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!