Monday, September 30, 2019

Farewell September!

My goal as the month began was to accomplish a monumental task - to move out all the furniture from the bedroom next to my sewing room, paint it, steam clean the carpet and finally, move the long-arm machine into that room.

Today is the final day of the month, and I am still holding out hope that before I fall into bed tonight, this will be completed.

Cross your fingers! While I am at OUC this afternoon, DH plans to steam the carpet. With this super hot, dry weather, I hope the drying-out goes quickly. When I get home from class this evening, and after a fast supper, we will move the Tin Lizzie to her upstairs penthouse suite. *grin*

Here are some painting pics from Sunday afternoon. What I'd expected to be a long, drawn-out endeavor, actually only took us a couple of hours. How nice! I did the ceiling trim work, and most of the baseboards, too, while DH got started on rolling the walls. Teamwork!!








One question: The light fixture in the ceiling needs to be covered. The existing one - which is 27 years old - has a broken glass. I wonder if anyone has suggestions for what type of light I should have over a long arm machine?

Also, we really ought to take the time to repaint the baseboard and door trim, but I doubt we do. It won't bother me once quilting operations commence.

That's it for today, Peeps. Lots to get done!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



4 comments:

  1. So nice that your hubbie is willing to help you. I don't know about lights above a long arm but I do love that you chose a neutral palette. Now of your quilts will clash with the room so they will be a joy to quilt in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your husband helped with the painting? My husband disappears whenever I want help painting done. Give that man a big hug and kiss! You've got a keeper there. I don't know about the lighting above a long arm either. I do know you won't want anything that glares. Good luck getting settled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my longarm in a bedroom and have a regular ceiling fan with lights in the center of my room. I put the brightest light bulbs I could safely put in it. I need that fan running because it gets hot in that room, especially with it being upstairs and getting the afternoon sun. I reverse the fan in the winter and don't even have to turn the heat on except for the few extremely cold days we get in Middle TN. I have a clip on ikea light attached to my longarm to shine on the area being quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have an 800 sq ft Studio (play house for hubby and I). I have 2 rooms and he has 2. The larger room is where I have my long arm. I have 6 each 8 foot florescent lights (2 bulbs each) and plenty of light. I love the florescent lighting and will love it even more now that I am in the middle of cataract surgery! Everything is brighter.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!