Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Jelly Roll Quilt Top

Before I get into sharing the latest finish out of JQR, allow me to say here that your enthusiasm over my previous post has been most appreciated. I have never had such heartfelt messages, comments and encouragement as I have had since this post. The wonderful world of quilters and the way we cheerlead for one another provides such a boost. Thank you, thank you.

Now, on to the Jelly Roll quilt. Back in September, I began a JR quilt in honor of National Sew a Jelly Roll day, sometime in the middle of the month. Using two partial JRs of a French General fabric, I just randomly began sewing a block. After awhile, I had a nice little thing going, so I made blocks until I ran out of jelly roll. To finish up the last few, I even had to dig in the French General remnant bin - all good.


And here is my finished quilt top. I have no name for this, and no pattern. I could do a tutorial because it was super-easy, fast, and fun. Maybe I will.

Any interest in that sort of thing?

My only real objective, besides using my partial jelly rolls, was to create diagonal red chains and off-white chains. Mission accomplished! I now have a nice throw-sized quilt top. I am considering a border, but maybe I will just be done and move on. Stay tuned.


This quilt was one of the contenders for my sewing day with the Frienzies at Sherrie's. I opted not to take it because I was unsure of how best to set it together and knew I needed to concentrate on what I was doing. That was a good call, for I would not have been concentrating that day, and this layout is definitely one I like. Worth waiting.

Now, I am ready to return to the longarm room to begin quilting a t-shirt quilt - the first of three I have lined up to do. All are for others, and two are for paying customers who want them for Christmas gifts. Gotta' get going on them.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

3 comments:

  1. I would be interested in a tutorial! This is a beautiful quilt! Thanks for blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please...tutorial on this JRQ! Thanks so much. Love your posts...long-time lurker,errrr...I mean reader....even though I don't comment much. Blessings....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm all for a simple block to use scraps so your offer of a tutorial would be appreciated. The quilt is very eye catching with the "chain" and French General reds are a favorite of mine. Thank you, Jayne.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!