Friday, November 1, 2019

Welcome November!


Goodness Gracious! I was an absentee most of the past month and now here we are at November! While my presence here on the blog was rather MIA, I have been trying to keep as busy as possible on quilting-related endeavors. You all know that I moved the long arm machine upstairs out of the basement, and that continues to fill spare time. With the help of DH, I have it successfully leveled. I have a quilt loaded onto it. Yay!

Hold on. Don't celebrate too soon. Skipped stitches. I called my go-to technician, Terry, over at McArthur Quilt Shop. Over the phone he diagnosed a probable issue - the stitches going left and right seem fine, while the stitches going front and back are long. And then, after a time, the machine just stops. He thinks that the contact points on the encoders need to be looked at - something he will do for me in his shop while I wait. I am almost quilting!! It IS gonna' happen!

So I will dismantle the quilt on the frame, take off the sewing machine, and take it to McArthur next week - Thursday after class, most likely. My week is full-up and getting fuller!

In other news, I have made a good bit of progress on the Roman Holiday table topper that I have been big-stitch quilting. Click here to see it. And while doing that, I have listened to another book about the Kentucky pack horse librarians.


I feel quite well informed now on the topic. While both books (previous one) deal with the librarians, the main characters come from very different circumstances. This Moyes book is the less gritty of the two, and has somewhat of a happily-ever-after ending. I believe I have heard that this is being made into a movie, and a quick check of IMDb leads me to believe that a movie is a ways off - no cast listed, and sparse details beyond director.


We have had quite the week of weather here in southern Ohio. Monday and Tuesday were sunny and warm - pleasant enough to wear shirtsleeves. The picture above was taken Monday morning, and later that day we took care of clearing out all the flower pots and storing yard items in the shed. Wednesday and Thursday were rain- rain-rainy. Torrential, at times, but still relatively warm. Yesterday, after the rain stopped, the wind picked up and temperatures plummeted. Last night we had our first hard freeze, and today very definitely had a wintry feel to it. While sunny, the temps never got out of the 40s.

Tomorrow I will post my October highlights collage and maybe some more on the long arm room decorating.

Happy Quilting, Friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!