Saturday, November 2, 2019

November Goals and October Highlights

The highlights for October were very much non-quilting-related. Gosh, the whole month seemed to get away from me, and making time for quilting was pretty hard to come by. Let's get into it and see what I came up with.


Top row: I set up my little spot at Greenfield's History Day and took some stitches on the same quilt I stitched last year. It's called Fall Foliage from a Lynette Jensen/ Thimbleberries book called September Morning. Mine doesn't look very fall-ish because I used navy where she had green. Next is a close-up of my big-stitching on the Roman Holiday table topper that I have worked on periodically all month long. Next you see my twin nieces modeling their Aunt Jayne-made Harry Potter robes for Halloween costumes.

Middle row: My blocks are made from the French General/Moda jelly roll quilt I began in September. I have 42 blocks and now need to construct the quilt top. Center spot in the collage is a picture of my aunt and uncle, their daughter (my cousin), and her husband. DH and I had a wonderful meet-up with them for lunch at Lake Hope Lodge. Uncle Bill is my mother's brother. He, Aunt Ann, Ellen and Greg were going on to Marietta for a weekend of sightseeing, while DH and I were on our way to Hocking Hills for a weekend with our family. And that takes me to the next picture of DH sitting at the firepit outside our Hocking Hills cabin.

Bottom row: Our daughters high atop the HH trail called Conkle's Hollow. It was a slightly overcast morning, but still the views were spectacular. Those girls are pretty darn cute, too. The middle picture is of DH and I at a Halloween costume party, looking pretty darn cute ourselves as Fred and Wilma Flintstone. The final picture is from a second Halloween party we attended - billed as 'Spooky Movie Night.' I have my back to the spooky movie because I'm a big chicken, alongside Lindsey, (another big chicken); we chatted and never peeked once! (At least, I didn't!)

And that's a wrap on October. With the really big assignment behind me in my university classes, I am hoping I can be more productive this month. And with that goal in mind, I made a to-do list last evening.

1. Finish the Roman Holiday table topper
2. Construct the jelly roll quilt top
3. Get the long arm machine running and quilt 3-4 very pressing deadline quilts
4. Work on Diagonal Madness (I'd almost forgotten about it!)
5. Construct the Quilter's Planner quilt top (at least begin it)

I also wrote down vague things like "think about Christmas gifts" and "embroider" - who knows how that will pan out.

I still intend to bring you pictures of the long arm room (as I've been referring to it) - getting it set up and decorated. And I am working on it. Over a year ago, I was given an old step ladder from one of my oldest (as in long-time) friends. It was her dad's, and as she was having to clean out her parents' house, I met her there and well, I just knew I could hang a quilt on that ladder.

On one of those gorgeous October afternoons awhile back, I took it out of storage and gave it a thorough scrubbing.


It is going to lean in the empty corner shown in the picture below. I have an idea that I will display all my Sunbonnet Sue quilts; stay tuned for the reveal whenever that will be - hopefully sooner than later.



Have a great rest of the weekend, quilting friends! We here in Ohio will have an extra hour today, as the time change occurs tonight.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!