Friday, October 2, 2020

Hello October

 

After a month of being very nearly dormant here in blog-land, I am back and ready to begin a new month! September was a topsy-turvy month, to put it mildly, and that accounts for my long absence from this space.

The September collage contains only the fun stuff. I began the month stitching my heart out at our modified quilt camp held at Terry's house. I used my little Featherweight machine to make 9.5" churn dashes for a quilt called True Blue. It was a productive week, and along with those 5" churn dashes made earlier, I was in churn dash heaven for awhile. To maintain our health, we bought a couple of used bikes, which you see there in the upper right corner photo.

The kitchen remodel got into full swing, and we currently live in chaos as the work continues. A big light in the center of our dropped ceiling was closed up and wafer lights were installed - this is what is shown in the first picture of the middle row. Then I share the two quilts I have spent the month working on. Meadow Lily is a 16-year-old UFO that I continue trying to finish. I have just the outer border to attach yet. The True Blue quilt did see completion and I love that I finished an item on my yearly goals list. *Yeah*

The bottom row of pictures features our daughter's cat, Rocky, who spent a big portion of the month with us as they took a couple of trips. He loves coming to the country where he is allowed to roam outdoors and snoop in all sorts of interesting places. The middle, bottom row picture shows a good view of the kitchen in its current state. Still some work to do, for sure, but so much has been accomplished. The final picture shows our new utility room, complete with an old gi-normous cupboard that will serve as our pantry. It is an angel in the rough; given a bit of attenion and a coat of white paint, it will be a beauty. It's got doors, shelves, and drawers and will be neat as can be when finished. 

Here's a larger view of my new counters, sink and lighting. The cupboards will be painted white; that will really change things. Backsplash is going in today.

All in all, as far as sewing goes, I did not do nearly as much in September as I did in August. The construction was just too intrusive on my time. And I am back to teaching, so that takes some time, of course.

And then, there's some of the real-life things one faces occasionally. September became the month of the Emergency Room. Yes, three trips for DH and one trip for me. Geesh. Husband's issues are somewhat mysterious, but are being unraveled with several screenings and tests - all the usual stuff, like colonoscopy, prostate screening, blood work, etc. My ER trip stemmed from those bikes you saw in the collage - I crashed, and really banged myself up. Stitches in one leg, deep contusion in the other. Xrays, catscans, and MRIs verifying that nothing was broken. I am still hobbling around, but healing, thankfully. 

I am calling on October to be much gentler with the two of us. Can I get an 'Amen"?

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! You two have had a very full month! Glad to hear that nothing's broken but I expect that you are in a bit of pain still. Hope that they get to the bottom of DH issues quickly and life can level out again.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!