Sunday, October 4, 2020

Dotty Update

 My good friend and sewing buddy, Sharon, has been making good progress on her dotty Kaffe Fassett quilt. Our sewing days have been rather erratic lately, but I did manage to snap some of her progress during one of our recent stitching sessions.


 

Above, Sharon has laid this massive quilt out on the bed, and since it is so huge, she had to finish the layout on the floor. 

Below are some fun shots of her block construction and the little box of overflowing 9-patches. All the fabrics are polka dots or some likeness of dots/circles. The entire effect is just as playful as can be, and I cannot wait to see this become a flimsy.



I have shared once previously on Sharon's dotty quilt. It has a proper name: Kites. All the details are in this post.

Today is my mom's birthday, and tomorrow is my husband's! Big celebrating! My siblings and I have not all been together since February - before Covid, in other words. There's a good chance we will all show up at my sister's today. Wearing masks and social distancing - what a strange time that will be!

Happy Quilting, Friends!




1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!