Saturday, October 31, 2020

Churn Dash Explosion

Since late August, I have been on a churn dash kick. 

 

 

In August, I bought the little fabric grouping above. This random stack of fat quarters looked so irresistible. I subtracted the lightest fabric (second from top) and added shirting fabrics in yardage form and in charm pack form. My churn dash journey had begun.

 

After making a dozen or so blocks, it was time to switch gears a little bit. The Frankfort Girls' modified quilt retreat took my focus away from the 5" churns and I worked the whole week on True Blue, a pattern that required 9.5" churns. Still fun! Still churn dashes! Just as satisfying! Big, chunky blocks make quick work.


Now I have returned to the 5-inchers. I have spent the last couple of days making the last of the blocks, and then laying everything out for a pleasing yet random arrangement. 

 

During this 2-3-month time span, the Frankfort Girls agreed to another block exchange. Yes. You guessed it--churn dashes! So on the menu soon, I will be making 6.5" dashes. Fun, fun, fun. I am not growing weary of making these blocks at all. In fact, I feel as though I am in a kind of rhythm with them. These are very satisfying to make and really, only a few steps more involved than a 9-patch. 

 


I pulled my fabrics for the Churn Dash Exchange. I need to check a few things off my list and then I will dive into them. The deadline for our exchange is our Christmas gathering, so I can pace myself. 

After a really long stretch of cloudy, rainy, dreary days, we have bright gorgeous sunshine today. What a welcome sight to see! Hope you are having a great day!

Happy Quilting, Friends!




1 comment:

  1. Making churn dash blocks are fun! I have a project I want to start in 2021 that includes churn dash blocks too. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!