Friday, October 16, 2020

Mercantile On Main

Coshocton, OH, DH's hometown, has a sweet little quilt shop that I love to visit when we are in town. I recently had the chance to visit - yes, and shop! - and I thought I would share this cozy shop with you. 

I always seem to find something I just have to have when I stop in. Usually, I am just enhancing my stash; rarely, if ever, am I there for a specific project. So I browse around every single nook and cranny.

 

This most recent visit made me realize that I have not done a whole lot of shopping this year - fabric shopping and otherwise. First, I really don't need anything, and second, Covid-19 has interrupted so much of everyone's "normal" activity. When it comes to quilting needs, I just make do, or order online. That mentality of online shopping will be the death of small shops, so when I get a chance to stop and shop, I try to find something to buy; I don't want these family-owned, small businesses to shut their doors!


 




 Mercantile on Main has some fantastic display quilts - they would appeal to a wide variety of quilting interests. I recognize that last quilt as it is on the cover of a Carrie Nelson book I have. I sorta' want to make it. And even though I would love it made as it shown, I sorta' dream about how it might look made up in some really awesome soft florals. Hmmm...

But I digress. That one quilt on up a bit reminds me of the Periwinkle quilt I made this summer. Of course, it is slightly different, but similar enough that I would still call it a Periwinkle design. I love that blue border. 

And I had to take a picture of that Churn Dash quilt up at the very top. (Click on it to zoom in.) I have really been on a kick with those lately. That one is soooo pretty. Do I have yet another one in me?? Maybe. *grin*

So, you're probably wondering what I bought, right? Well, here ya' go. I picked out a fun little grouping of fall-colored fat quarters, 2 mini charm packs of Christmas fabric, a floral FQ package and a bit of yardage to go with it. Little ideas are forming for each of these, and it was enjoyable just randomly picking out little things.


 Here's a couple of closer views of the floral pack and the accompanying yardage, with my apologies for the glare. Also note the attractive packaging. That really puts a unique touch on the product, don't you think?


Anyway, if you ever find yourself in Coshocton, OH, be sure to stop in at Mercantile on Main. It is right downtown across from the court house. Years ago, the shop was called Vac Shack (or something along that line), and they still sell and service vacuum cleaners, as you see in one of the pics. I have found some great fabrics in this little shop, and the owner always makes me feel welcome.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


1 comment:

  1. you had some good finds! I bet it was nice to get our and wander around a bit - I have been sticking to mainly on line as well

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!