Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Gifting

 All of us who sew and quilt probably gift from the creations we make; I am no different. Sometimes, the gifting just sorta' happens as a surprise, rather than through any grand plan on the maker's end. Here's my case in point.

A few weeks ago when I finished the last of the churn dash blocks, I pulled out my tub of Christmas fabrics just to see what I could come up with. All I did in that first little session was to make a 16-patch block of 2.5-inch squares. I pressed it, and left it on the ironing board. 

Then I began marinating ideas. I wanted to figure out how to add points so that my 16-patch could be the center of a big star that would result in a block big enough for a pillow front. I was thinking that a pretty star pillow would be a great gift idea.

I could have used available mathematical dimensions for such an endeavor, but who wants to bother with that?!? I just cut some big squares, drew the diagonal lines, sewed, cut, then finally, trimmed to fit my center square. I like how this turned out!

And then, by gosh, I instantly knew that this would be perfect for my mother. It would look great in her home - already filled with a lot of cozy decorations.

The star looked festive and cheery under our tree; I hope Mom has plopped it somewhere in her house to look festive and cheery, too.

Happy Quilting, Friends!





1 comment:

  1. Cute pillow! It will look cozy all year, not just at Christmas. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!