Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Switching Things Up

 Having made about all the churn dash blocks I care to make - for a while, anyway - I took some time Sunday and Monday to make a few zipper pouches. I really had no prior plan to do such work, but I happened to see a video tutorial by the popular Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt Company. I have watched dozens of her videos, and this one was so appealing for several different reasons that I just knew I had to make a few.

 

The reason for the video was to show quilters and sewists how easy it is to use cute, fancy zippers - which they happen to carry in their story. Well, I already had a stash of 8 or 10 of fancy zippers, so I watched the video to see how I could use them.

 

These first two are made with the same two fabrics; the linings are the other fabric. So that took care of my 2 light pink zippers. Next up was to pull fabrics for 2 darker pink zippers, and 2 royal blue zippers. Honestly, I took forever deciding on fabric combinations. That part took far longer than the actual cutting, sewing, and pressing of the pouches.



In addition to the combinations in the top picture, I have all the remaining fabric decisions made, as well, so I am ready for a marathon session of zipping through these zipper pouches. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!


 


2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your November roundup. Especially liking how you are enjoying your churn block stitching. These pouches are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't these sweet! I have not seen these fancy zippers before but they are just perfect for these pouches.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!