Thursday, December 31, 2020

Still Making

 As the year comes to a close, I am still making quilts. I'd been in a bit of a funk in the weeks leading up to Christmas, but an idea struck me in some odd moment, and now I am back to work, focused on a strong finish to this strange, pandemic year.

Of course, you have all read about my 4-month focus on the churn dash block. I made dozens - many dozens for 3 different quilts. So this most recent push for churn dash blocks was for the block exchange that we Frankfort girls had at our Christmas gathering a couple of weeks ago. I took 42 blocks and came home with 42 exchange blocks of all manner of colors and combinations. 

That stack of blocks has been waiting for inspiration, and finally this week it came. Half-square triangles for the setting blocks. 

I dug into the stash for a suitable combination and came up with this dark burgundy and cream pairing that will do nicely. The blocks need to be 6.5 inches, so I whipped up a handful to see how the results would look - hey! a winner!

My ancient stash provided these two fabrics - an old Kansas Troubles fabric from their line called Stitches on the Oregon Trail, and an old Kaye England neutral called Matters of the Heart. Very pleasing. 

In place of partying to bring in the new year, you'll find me stitching. Happy New Year!

Happy Quilting, Friends!





1 comment:

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!