Friday, December 18, 2020

Red and White Quilts

This may or may not be a rerun post of quilts I put out each December for Christmas. I could go back to see my old posts, but who doesn't love to look at a stack of quilts, especially those that are red and white!?

It's a no-brainer, isn't it?


At the foot of our steps sits this narrow bucket bench. I don't change items on the bench ever - except at Christmas time. Because I have such a pretty collection of red and white quilt tops, I love to bring them out each December just to help out with Christmas decorating. What a great excuse to bring them out of the closet and into something of a "limelight." 

To see each quilt fully laid out click this link - I did go find a previous post. 

Or you could look at them in order from top to bottom here:

Chock Full of Charms

Stars and Stepping Stones - my design

Thimbleberries Christmas Confetti

Thimbleberries Hourglass Quilt

Red and White Ohio Star - my design

Jacob's Ladder - my design

I have probably said in previous posts that I want to get busy with quilting these, and all the other flimsies filling my closets. I am getting more and more comfortable with the long arm machine, and I am getting closer each week to dedicating more time to doing this quilting. I'm on the cusp...I really am.

 

Hope you are all having fun with Christmas preparations!

Happy Quilting, Friends!



2 comments:

  1. All pretty quilts. I like red and white ones too. When planning one I gravitate to red. I'm trying to expand my color pallet but red usually ends up in them somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my gosh, these are all beautiful! I especially like the Ohio Star--would it be possible to share the final dimensions and how much of each fabric you used? I would love to make one like it! Thank you.

    Mary McGuinness
    marymcg@ku.edu


    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!