Sunday, December 6, 2020

I'm Still Making Churn Dash Blocks

Some of you regular readers will know that I have been making quite a lot of projects with churn dash blocks. Since back in late August/early September, my predominant block at the sewing machine has been this classic block.


This week, I have made the blocks needed for an exchange we Frankfort girls have planned for later this month. These blocks are made at 6.5 inches. With 7 in our group, everyone will bring 42 blocks, and we will walk away with 42 blocks made by all our friends. It will be fun to see all the variety we will bring to the exchange.

 

Just to be on the safe side, I have made about a dozen extra. Perhaps I will use them when I make the eventual quilt that will come from these blocks. And even though I've made so any of these blocks this fall, I am still loving them, so it hasn't been a chore to make a few extras.

To see the earlier churn dash blocks and quilts I have worked on this fall, click here. These have all been a joy to make and I do love the end results on each one.

Hope you are having a happy Sunday! It's on the chilly side, here, but we are gonna layer up and head off for a long walk on the bike path. 

Happy Quilting, Friends!



 

1 comment:

  1. Classic blocks like churn dash blocks always make beautiful quilts, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!