Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Hello December!

The welcoming committee for December is decidedly late. Ahem. Well, I will claim the last week of classes as my excuse. Finished up today, and all that's left is to give a final next week. 

So here's to a new month, even if I am a couple days late with my welcome. Let's take a look at the November wrap-up first.

Top Row: A quick finish with an embroidery project. The stitching goes fast when it's this simple. I hung this in my long-arm room. And speaking of the long-arm room, I quilted Wishes for my sister, shown in the middle. Last, I painted the little rocker that my kids used as toddlers. It was weathered and worn; colored on and had stickers all over. Now as a white rocker, it will display a pretty little quilt or pillow.

Middle Row: Our great-niece Eve sits in her jammies with her grampa's new dog, Rusty. We visited family on DH's side the weekend before Thanksgiving. In the center, a pretty fall decoration for my newly finished kitchen countertop. And last, I finally started making the churn dash blocks for our group exchange coming up near Christmas.

Bottom Row: The kitchen!! I believe you have seen the pics in a recent post. I also put together a video for Instagram, if you want to go over there and have a look at before, during and after photos. I started another embroidery project since I enjoyed the earlier one so much, I traced out this much more complicated one and have started plugging away on it.  Finally, I end with the beautiful snow fall we had on the final night of November - it created a backyard sculpture.


That snow was what they call a wet snow - very heavy and look how it hung on the branches of our sweet bay magnolia. So pretty and unusual. We had quite a bit of snow overnight and through the next day.


On December first, DH and I ran a few errands in town, and coming back into our driveway, I had him stop for me in a few places so I could capture some of the beautiful snowy scenes. Isn't it pretty? I think the first snow of the season is the prettiest of all, and having it come in December is all the more wonderful. Both DH and I remarked that it helped to put us into the Christmas spirit! How nice!

Well, first up this month, I get to finish up my class work by the 10th or 11th, then it's full-tilt to Christmas! I hope there is lots of time for sewing! Heck, with Covid rearing up it's ugly head again, what else is there for me to do, right??

Let's have a great month!

Happy Quilting, Friends!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!