Friday, June 24, 2022

Irresistible Florals

I  am hopeless, dear readers. For all the blustering I share about no more buying and using from the stash, just one look at an online fabric offering, and I fall off the wagon. You recall (see last post) that I had to acquire more Aboriginal Dots in ivory about a week ago. That meant a quick foray into online fabric searching. 

Help me, Lord! The temptations! When sellers couple a pretty fabric offering with a discount -20%! -  I am a total lost cause.  Here's what I bought the same day I bought the one yard of ivory dots.

The fabric was listed on an Etsy shop called Cottage Couture Fabrics out of White Lake, MI.  The need to own this fabric overcame me, I swear! Clicking that "buy" button was way, way too easy. 

Now, I do not - DO NOT! - have one ounce of buyer's remorse. I am thrilled with this little pack of fat quarters, and I have ideas swimming in my head of how I will use it. 

First, let me show you what I plan to pair them with. I have two polka dot fabrics that seem perfect for these tiny pastel florals. Take a look at both and tell me which you would select.

Option one is this delicate blue with creamy white dots. Love it. A lot. 

Now here's option two.

The dots are smaller, and even though it isn't very evident in these two pictures, the blue is slightly different. Do you prefer one over the other?

Here is my current inspiration photo, taken from Pinterest.  Click the photo to be taken to the shop, another Esty shop, and this seller is from right up the road from me in Columbus! Sweet!

Isn't this a dreamy vintage quilt!? I would love to recreate it with my new fabrics. It would be fun to make all those hourglass blocks with the florals, then mix and match them with different florals around the centers of the stars. Glorious Ohio Stars on a creamy white set together with blue polka dot setting squares. Simply dreamy.

This quilt has to be made.

A thought: Did you know that I will have to live to be about 258 years old in order to make all the quilts?

Well, while I figure out how I will accomplish that sort of longevity, have a few more looks at this pretty floral fabric.

When shown with both options, the smaller dot is the obvious choice.

Have a great day! My list is long, the day is gorgeous, and I must get in gear!

Happy Quilting, Friends!







 



6 comments:

  1. Pretty fabrics. The smaller dots would be my choice. Looking forward to seeing what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the smaller dots have a better proportion with the tiny prints. They are pretty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The smaller dot is the best choice, I LOVE the florals! I'm going to check them out, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need to live until I am 150 to sew all my fabric. I keep telling myself I can never buy anymore fabric. That doesn't seem to work. Temptations always win with fabric! I love what you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only 258 yrs old?! I'm thinking with my stash and speed, at 258 I'll be about a third of my way done. Lol. Such pretty fabrics. I can see how you couldn't resist and I like the little dots too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I might have had trouble resisting these fabrics, too! They are gorgeous and, for some reason, remind me of Liberty prints. Lucky you to get to play with them. I'm sure you'll have fun.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!