Friday, January 6, 2023

Finalizing 2023 Goals

My goals are set for this new year.

Actually, I am making two separate goals lists - one for sewing new quilts and one for long-arm quilting.

A recent long-arm finish!

 

Long arm goals - 2023

1. Quilt every new quilt as I make it.

2. Quilt at least 2 per month from the older quilts in the closets.

3. Move handles to back of machine to try pantographs.

Quilting goals - 2023

1. Winnemucca fabric - pattern TBA - see ideas, below.

2. Floral Layer Cake - pattern TBA - see ideas, below.

3. Finish blue polka dot and floral quilt

4. Finish blocks for at least 2 Blockheads

5. Diamond Quilt using Wm. Morris remnants

6. Pine Tree Quilt

7. Maple Leaf Quilt

8. Lake Effect - complete the quilt top this year

9. Blue stash combination - Double Irish Chain

10. Effie's Woods quilt for Cate

11. Numerous quilts made from existing stash


This is the Winnemucca fabric - so named for the Nevada town where the quilt shop is located. I have used the neutral for something else, so that is no longer available, but I'd really like to make something with the remaining fabrics - stars? chains? maybe stars and chains?  I can check the stash for other neutrals, if needed.

Here are some inspiration pics I like found on Pinterest; I'm leaning toward the chain quilt; skip the complication of stars, ya' know?


Here is the floral layer cake I want to use. I got into an unexplained floral phase last year, and I have a growing stash of these types of darling little calioes. I may pull all and make a broken dishes quilt or a pinwheel quilt. 



That's enough for my brain to think about for now. Believe me, though, a gazillion more ideas are floating around in my head; it seems the more quilts I make, the more I want to make! This may be "quilt pox" - have you heard of this?

a diagnosis ~ I have Quilt Pox! | Quilting quotes, Sewing ...

I need to review the 2022 goals to see how I fared.  I will also expound further on other items on this new year's list. Plenty to say, don't 'cha know?

Happy Quilting, Friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!