Friday, January 19, 2024

44 and Counting

So far, my total number of tiny 9-patches stands at 44. It has made a world of difference in speed by having my colors organized and separated. It has been quite the enjoyable and gratifying process of sitting down to do "just a couple" and in no time have about 10 or 12 more finished. 

Stacks of 10 line the back corner of my new little sewing desk. These are 3.5" unfinished when made with 1.5" squares. 

Rearranged in this pic to show off the variety of colors and prints. Sometimes I change out the center square when I don't have five of the same, and that will not matter in the least.

I like to keep my stacks of 10 in order so that I can more easily count my totals.  I intend to finish off the next 6 today and depending on the activities later, there's a good chance I'll do more.

And speaking of activities, let me tell you we seem to have plenty! When talking to friends and family back home, I've said more than once that it's as if we are different people here in Florida than we are at home. It is nothing for us to walk several times a day. We ride the recumbent bikes whenever the weather is pleasant (so far, we've only ridden 3 times, as it's been chilly for Florida); we play shuffleboard 3 times a week. We go gallivanting off to flea markets, estate sales and thrift stores whenever someone has a whim to do so. Plus there's plenty of ongoing work around the house as we fix up this place.

The only thing we are NOT doing as often as in previous years is eating out. Having our own kitchen affords us the alternative of staying in which means saving money and eating healthier. Restaurant dining is as bad on the wallet as it is on the waistline. We went out for my birthday on Monday, and we went out again on Wednesday when an Ohio cousin was here to visit. Those are the only two times we've gone out this entire month! That's remarkable for us.

Hope everyone is staying warm and snug!

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Love all your little 9 patches. They can be so addicting. I envy the outdoor experiences. Being very cold and snowy and the finishing up of a cold, I have not been out of the house in over 10 days. All the fresh air sounds marvelous. I like cooking at home, but sometimes, I really get tired of it. My spouse will go to the local grocer and buy a ready to eat option which is cheaper than going out and still good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so cute! Sounds like you're having a good time in Florida, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!