Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Goals for 2024

Typically, I take way too long into January before I fully flesh out my goals for the year, but this year, I have my list ready to go. It is way shorter than lists in previous years, but no less ambitious - especially where longarming is concerned.

Are you impressed by the flashy graphics of that chart? I have been playing around on a program called Canva, and this is one of the designs I modified to meet my needs. It was fun and provided good practice. It's not especially as easy to read as I'd hoped, so I need to refine such things as I create other graphics. 

You all get to be my guinea pigs. *heh-heh*

Let's take a closer look at those goals.

1. Winnemucca Fabric - pictured below, I really need to decide on a pattern and make this quilt. It's appeared on goals lists in '22 and '23, yet still I dither.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgAEa_IDQqu9p9oxJqU1IyV7uBYxe6GuDJ--6OaYFC3554MVx8hOIfcxdXwW61mrPf2siVuLPUWgeINHZqomZEbnh3O4rrovJjmNJCs16MwDshaI8Qrqk2UwSo7_tD_yMvIpcSPFtKMufx2swxUIsovOzOkFNXw21UnTRWpzOKS3AvyqKQMbUSwKJ8/s640/IMG_9876(1).jpg

2. Finish Lake Effect - Yes, the 10-Year-Quilt really needs to become a flimsy and then it really needs to be quilted. I've let this linger for far too long. (Begun in 2017, I'm now on year 7.)

3. Paris Flea Market - I am going to make this in April with Sharon. We both have the fabric and we have a pattern, which I cannot wait to begin. Sharon even gifted me with a partial bolt of blue for use as my backing! Very grateful and so exciting! It will be hard not sewing with Sharon for three months, and it will be equally hard to make myself wait on beginning this quilt.

4. Tag Sale - I've made this Carrie Nelson pattern before, and I want to make another one. I have some pretty Bonnie and Camille fabrics I want to use. But I probably need more; that's why I've waited to start it.

5. All The Blues - a few months ago, I pulled out a big pile of blue fabrics from my stash and thought how nice it would be to combine them all into one quilt. Here's the stack. It will likely be lots of 4-patches or 9-patches and maybe will include some Ohio Stars or Churn Dashes, too. It's still taking shape in my brain, so stay tuned.

6. Increase Longarm Output - Output was way low in 2023, so it ought to an easy thing to do to surpass last year's numbers. I've made goals before and I always fall short. Realistically, doing 2-3 per month should be doable. I do start out behind the 8-ball since we are Florida-bound; we'll be snowbirds through March, but still...

7. Navy and Cheddar Grist Mill - My friend Terry made a gorgeous quilt (I might borrow her pattern!), and the varied collection of fabrics shown below seems like a worthwhile challenge to match to the pattern. The quilt is called Grist Mill by Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts.

I've alluded a couple of times to being away for a time. Well, we are about to start our first year of wintering in Florida. Consequently, I will be on the road for a couple of days (this post was scheduled for the first travel day). Once I get internet service set up in our FL house, I'll be back straight away.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

2 comments:

  1. Have a safe drive to Florida! I hope Lake Effect is going along, I can't wait to see this beauty finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. As I read your blog today, after a long day’s drive, I had to laugh. My husband, kitty and I are also on our way to Florida. Are you taking a sewing machine? I take mine to our Florida condo, but I sure would like to find another machine that I could leave in Florida. Btw, your Grist Mill quilt has inspired me - I have a quilt top in pieces, because I just couldn’t figure out a layout. I think I just found it, in Grist Mill. Good luck with all your 2024 projects - they are all beautiful and look like they will be so much fun to work on. Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!