Wednesday, January 31, 2024

A Bit of a Diversion

Seeing as how we are about one month into our first experience as "snowbirds," we are spending quite a bit of time making this house our home. Most of our neighbors have decorated the exterior of their places. There's all manner of ornamentation, but no one has a barn quilt! Going for a distinctive look, and to be a little different while showing our neighbors a bit of our true selves, we decided that a quilt square was in order. We could think of no better way to represent Ohio than with an Ohio Star.


 DH cut a board for me and I drew out the design. I had already determined the colors based on the exterior colors of our house - pale yellow with green shutters. I added a third color, navy, and I like how it looks. 

One thing I did not anticipate as I planned this out was the need for a border. Back to the store for either brown, dark gray or black. I basically had to choose from the limited options available. While this looks black, it is actually called "Pavement" - a very dark gray.

I had hoped to be able to include a photo of this hung on the house; alas, I sealed it with polyurethane and it is still drying. I'll show you next time.

Instead, I will leave you with a breathtaking view of the lake which borders our neighborhood. DH took this photo this morning while he was fishing with two friends. This is Lake Tsala Apopka in Citrus County, FL. 

Now, back to making 9-patches. I fear I am going to get bored with them, so I am considering changing things up in the coming days. I need variety!

Happy Quilting, Friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!