Quilting Fun


While I love the satisfaction of finishing a quilt, it isn't the only way to have fun with quilting. Fun also comes from the great outings with girlfriends, shopping expeditions with Grandma, or just sitting in my "thoughtful spot" chair perusing magazines and books. The thrill of the next project waiting just there on the horizon...

Friday, August 24, 2012

Emma's Special Dinner

We take Emma back to OU tomorrow, and this past Tuesday I fixed her favorite meal - Tuscan Chicken. She also requested strawberry shortcake for dessert. I will tell you how I prepare Tuscan Chicken.


In a large skillet, heat an ample amount of olive oil. While the oil gets hot, season a package of chicken breasts or cutlets with salt, pepper and Italian seasonings. Put the chicken in the skillet, seasoned side down and cook without moving for about 8 minutes. Lightly season the exposed side of chicken and turn. Cook for about 5 minutes. Skillet should be on a medium heat throughout this time, but you know your stove top, so adjust accordingly.

While chicken cooks, cut chunks of Roma tomatoes, white mushrooms, and white onion. Also, open 2 small jars of artichoke hearts, as well.

After chicken has cooked, add about a quarter cup of white wine. I used Pinot Grigio, just a cheap brand. And I don't measure; I just pour, so I probably use more. Add the cut vegetables and the artichokes, oil and all. Sprinkle a bit more salt on these veggies. Put a lid on all of this, and cook on a medium/low heat for about 20 minutes.

In final 10 minutes of cooking, get a pound of spaghetti going in a stock pot. Serve chicken over pasta. Garnish with toasted pine nuts. Tastes yummy with a crusty bread or breadstick. And wine, of course. Pinot Grigio, since that is what I cooked with. Delish. Yum-O.

Bon Appetit, Friends!




 

1 comment:

sewyouquilt2 said...

found you from sew many ways. food looks great! quilts look great!