Sunday, February 5, 2012

Recovering

Gee whiz! I sure hate getting sick; and this is so mild compared to sickness that many suffer with, but this head cold has really had me whipped for a couple of days.

I've been remiss in reporting the progress I've been making on Chantilly. Here is 1/3 of the quilt top, taken about a week ago. I have worked on it this week and currently have the inner border on, the outer border cut and ready to put on. Close! I will post a pic of it tomorrow.


I've had a few Mondays with Sharon that I've not reported on, either. She's got some fabulous finishes to brag about!






No, you are not looking at 2 pictures of the same quilt; Sharon has been madly stitching on two of these 9-patch/snowball quilts.


Aren't they wonderful? The blocks are nice and big, so the construction goes fast. She was able to use up a lot of fabric from the stash and has definitely created a couple of great looking scrappy quilts.


Sharon recently picked this quilt up from Linda's, a longarm quilter near here who does beautiful work. The quilt was made with an Aviary layer cake. It's just dreamily soft and feminine, isn't it?


So, while we sewed last Monday, we draped our pretties around the family room to inspire us. On the floor is the Thimbleberries top that Sharon began several weeks ago. I know I pictured it on an earlier post, but I can't remember how far back.

Tomorrow, I'm scheduled to go to Sharon's to sew with her. If I can, I'd like to get a binding cut out and sewed onto the Ohio State t-shirt quilt. I then could just take that quilt to Sharon's and not drag my sewing machine out. We'll see if I get as much done this evening as I hope. The Super Bowl is on, and I've got a book that's calling to me, plus I'm running some laundry. I am a known procrastinator, so we shall see.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!