Wednesday, November 27, 2013

It's Quilted!

Again, I must give credit for my wonderful friend Terry. She not only hosts us for frequent sewing days, but she also is dabbling in quilting for others. I've had her do several for me, and she just finished the t-shirt quilt I was working on last week. She's FAST! I assured her there was no rush, but by gosh, she finished it up in record time!

Thanksgiving-thanks for my quilting friend! *hugging*

Let's take a look at it, shall we? I've sure put my time in on this rascal. I am glad to be getting it finished!


I think it turned out great. The fuchsia and teal show up in these photos, so you can see what I was trying to describe in the last post.


I have zoomed in on the troublesome panel of small patches in the picture above. If I were to do it over, I would add a small strip under the row of 4 and not have them sitting directly on the setting strips. And that was what I did, actually, but I miscalculated. I ended up with a too-big panel. Taking off that little bit made it the correct size, so that is what I did. *smh*



I pieced the back with big pieces of the setting strip fabric and the cornerstone fabric. I love it! I hope the recipient likes it, too.

My plan is to make and attach the binding today, and then spend some time this holiday weekend stitching it down. I will see my brother on Sunday, at which time I hope to hand it off to him. I will request pictures of the recipient and quilt when it's given to her.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. It's brilliant Jayne. I bet she's going to be thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!