Friday, November 1, 2013

Standby Handwork

Of course you know by now that every other Friday morning I meet with the Frankfort girls for 3 hours of hand stitching and fellowship. Today, we are all off to Sharon O.'s for said stitching and fellowship.

I keep a little box of 2.5" squares for days just like today when I don't have any other project to work on. I have no bindings to stitch. I have no small hand-quilting project currently in progress. So the 2.5" squares will be my project for this morning.


There's lots of work to be done in that little box, you know?


Here are 5 blocks that I recently finished. I love the 9-patch block, don't you? Such a staple of the quilter's repertoire. Easy to construct - the hand-stitching way, or strip-piecing by machine. Before long, you've got several made and look what happens!


This quilt top is from last November/December. All those 9-patches started out in my little box of squares! How cool, right?

So lest you think that all we do is visit at our get-togethers, think again! We manage to get quite a lot accomplished amidst the coffee, the treats, and the fellowship. It's such a pleasant time.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. how fun! I used to have a small group of ladies, 6 of us that used to meet once a week to quilt. it was a fun time to sew, vent, share happiness, divide burdens and just have fun with a great group of ladies. the group broke up when one moved away, another had a small baby. I need to find another small group of gals to have fun with.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!