Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Brown and Pink Quilt

My UFO for February is already done.

It's a rare day when I can actually boast that something is done so far in advance of a deadline. My procrastination generally wins out. But for whatever reason this project was calling to me, so I took it up and by gosh I finished it over the weekend.




I have tried to figure out when exactly I made this quilt top, and my blog is no help at all. I took about half a year off from blogging back in 2010, so I wonder if perhaps I didn't make this quilt top during that stretch. I have it listed in 2011 as a finish, but I don't see any posts about making it which is odd. The pattern is from an old Spring/Summer 2010 Quilt Sampler magazine; it was called Carefree Romance. Even though I don't seem to know the exact date I made it, I do remember that it was super fast and easy to make.

This link is about the first History Day demonstration that I did - I began quilting this quilt top that day. Thinking that this has taken me over 4 years to finish is somewhat embarrassing. I worked on it for a good while after that History Day event. Then it likely got put away until one of the Olympics came on. I seem to like having a project like this for times when there will be lots of TV watching.

I put it on the UFO list for 2015. I was tired of moving it out of my way all the time. It came up as the February project, so I put it in a portable frame on Friday morning. I took it to JoAnn's for our Friday morning get together. I knew I was really close to being finished, and through the remainder of the weekend I just finished it. Binding and all! Whoo-hoo!

End of story. Finally.

Happy Quilting, Friends!


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing your UFO for February... and so early in the month too! That has to feel good. I keep getting distracted from my February goal but you've inspired me to just get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, it looks beautiful. It just shows you don't watch much TV from what you said. Another time, if you want something finished in a hurry, perhaps you could write to the Olympics organisers adn ask them to put the Games on more often? I'm sure they'd be happy to try and help you out.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!