Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Tuesdays With Sharon

Yesterday Sharon was over for a day of sewing, and we really got a lot accomplished. I worked on the May UFO, and Sharon made another Van Gogh wall hanging. You may recall her last one, which I mentioned in this post from a week or so ago. Sharon really is a Van Gogh devotee, so it comes as absolutely no surprise to me that she bought a second panel for a wall in her hallway.


The horizontal panel was not suited to the vertical space Sharon needed to fill. Fortunately, she had a plan - and the fabric necessary to execute that plan.

Adding strips to the top and bottom to extend and frame the panel was the perfect solution. Don't you just love the saturated colors?


She was a very happy quilter by the end of our day together. It is very satisfying to be able to create something lovely as quickly as this. Accomplishments! Who doesn't love how that feels?

Sharon also brought back her blue Kaffe Fassett quilt from several weeks ago. When I last showed it here, it was still in parts. Now she has it all together and it's ready to go to the quilter. She made this for herself, and I say 'good for you!' You deserve to treat yourself every now and then!



 Love those big, gorgeous blooms and the fantastic combination of colors. Throw these colors and Van Gogh's together, and I think you can get a pretty fair idea of how good Sharon is with color. She is not afraid to use it liberally - with amazing impact and appeal.

On a side note, I thought you'd enjoy seeing some of our irises. These are located in our back yard, and my DH has done a fantastic job of creating brilliant pops of color like this all throughout the flower beds. These remind me of the Van Gogh painting, a little bit.


Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful quilts and flowers. wish my iris looked like that........ahhhh maybe someday......

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!