Tuesday, June 30, 2015

I Caved

Bombarding me from every direction, it's a wonder I have managed to hold out as long as I have. Quilting friends have tempted me. Pictures on Pinterest tempt me, as well. What is the temptation? English Paper Piecing. The name of these versatile blocks is Points Patchwork of the Crosses, or Lucy Boston blocks. Just do a search of those terms on Pinterest and see what gorgeousness pops up. Endless examples, each beautiful in its own way. Infinite variety.(Sorry; I had been using the wrong name; all correct now.)

Yes, those fussy little templates and the stunning blocks that result have finally broken my resolve to skip this current quilting craze. I'd been given a packet of templates and fabrics; I'd both watched and overheard impromptu tutorials by avid devotees.

It all finally just wore me down.

I took some scraps from one of the work shirts I've been using and I fussy cut some 3/4-inch hexies and stitched them together to make a wreath. I envision finishing this with a string so that it could be used as a Christmas tree ornament. I made this on Saturday evening.

After considering it for about a day and a half, I decided that I would put a center in it, also a work shirt scrap. I probably should have looked for a bigger piece for the center so I could do a better job of centering the plaid, but eh, what the heck, it's my first one; I'll work that stuff out on future efforts.

Future efforts. Sigh. Yes, I suspect there will be future efforts. I fear that I am falling  in beyond the point of no return with this technique.

Happy Quilting, Friends!

1 comment:

  1. And another one bites the dust or hexies. Still holding out on this. But pretty cute, don't think I have seen one done in shirts

    ReplyDelete

Feedback on my posts is always welcome!